Long head tricep exercises If you think just training bigger biceps will get bigger arms then no triceps are made up of two third part of your upper arm mass. So when you train your biceps it’s also important to train your triceps also to get your desired big arms.
people love to focus on their arms during weight training for this you must have a properly planned workout routine to keep your arm muscles in proportion. no one likes to end up with huge biceps and skinny triceps. Focusing on the long-head tricep workout can help you to build mass as the long-head tricep makes up the majority part of the tricep muscle.
The tricep is made of three main muscles, this is the reason why ‘tri’ is included in this name. The muscles are 1. long head tricep, 2. lateral head tricep 3. medial head tricep. The long-head tricep muscle is located at the back of the arm. This muscle has a lot of potential for the growth of a big arm. All these three heads of the tricep are works together to straighten the elbow. this is why the tricep is involved in all pressing exercises like push-ups, bench presses, overhead presses, etc. In this article, I have shared an information guide to the best Long head tricep exercises.
Best Long head tricep exercises
1. Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press
The Close grip barbell bench press is one of the best Long head tricep exercises which also targets all 3 heads because you can safely increase the weight over time. It also helps you to train your shoulder, chest, and biceps also. 3 Sets [15,15,10 reps]
- Grip the barbell as per your shoulder width. Set the position so when you unrack the barbell it comes above your chest.
- now lower the barbell to your lower chest part with keeping your elbows tucked at 30 degrees to your torso.
- When the bar touches your chest area then press the bar back to starting position.
2. JM Press
JM Press is a combination of close grip bench press and triceps extension exercise. JM Press helps to train in a powerful range of motion which is better for muscle growth.
- Grip the barbell slightly narrow than your shoulder width. Set the position so when you unrack the barbell it comes directly above your chest.
- Now lower the barbell toward your neck side with keeping your elbows up and in front of your torso.
- When your forearms and biceps touch then press the bar back to the starting position.
3. Triangle Push-ups
Tringle Push-ups are the best and most effective exercise for both lateral head and long head triceps.
- Start in the plank position with your toes tucked, and core braced.
- put your hands in a diamond Position.
- with Keeping your core nice and tight and straight like a plank.
- slowly lower yourself by maintaining proper form.
- push at the bottom of the moment before lifting yourself to starting position
4. Tricep Pushdowns with a Rope
Tricep Pushdowns give you the same type of flexion as a kickback. When you use the rope instead of the bar can help you to target your long-head tricep muscle area
- Stand in front of the cable pulley machine with your feet hip-width level. slight knee bend.
- Grab the rope properly.
- Pull the rope downward. upper arm should remain still throughout the movement.
- When the end of the rope reach your hips pause and squeeze the muscles.
- Now slowly release and come back to starting position of your set.
5. Overhead Rope Extensions
Overhead Rope Extensions directly target your long-head tricep muscle area which can help you to get the best tricep shape. After doing this exercise same setup you can use in the pushdown.
- Stand facing away from the machine. stand in the proper position check image for position details.
- Now extend your arms, flexing the triceps properly, and pull the rope overhead.
- When your arms are fully extended, pause and squeeze the muscle before slowly returning to your starting position.
- Many bodybuilders prefer these overhead rope extensions with a high pulley setup to build a bigger arm but you can also do this exercise with a low pulley setup.
6. Overhead Dumbbell Extensions
Overhead dumbbell extensions are the best tricep workout to target long head tricep muscles. to perform this all you need is a dumbbell and strength.
- Grab a dumbbell and stand with your feet.
- stretch your arms overhead, and keep your elbows tucked toward your ears.
- bend your elbows carefully, and lower the dumbbell behind your head carefully until you feel a stretch in your triceps.
- Now Squeeze the muscles and extend upward direction, lifting the dumbbell until your arms are fully extended. Should feel the flex in your tricep.
- Continue the same process.
- Finding the right grip is the most challenging test in this workout.
Long head tricep exercises [Conclusion]
In this article, I have shared all the required information related to training your long head tricep. also with this, I have shared the total best 6 Long head tricep exercises which you can perform to get triceps.
3 thoughts on “Long head tricep exercises – tricep exercises 2022”